In this episode, Joey and Sommer explore stay interviews' HR significance, vital for understanding employee motivations and retention. They emphasize the importance of stay interviews as a retention and recruiting strategy, highlighting the disconnect between understanding the value of retaining customers and employees. The episode covers the implementation of stay interviews and the benefits of creating a space for employees to be heard. Additionally, the conversation touches on working with international colleagues and highlights the significance of open communication and promoting cultural awareness. It concludes with the importance of cross-cultural collaboration in reaching different customers and employees in various regions.
- Stay interviews are an effective retention and recruiting strategy.
- Creating a space for employees to be heard can improve employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Treating employees as valued assets is crucial for retention.
- Conduct state interviews to proactively address reasons for turnover.
- Consistency in messaging is important, even if it may seem repetitive.
- Open communication and cultural awareness are crucial when working with international colleagues.
- Collaborate cross-culturally to understand different customer and employee needs.
00:00 - Introduction
02:20 - Definition of Stay Interviews
03:32 - Importance of Stay Interviews
05:17 - Implementing Stay Interviews
06:15 - Identifying At-Risk Employees
07:25 - Disconnect Between Customer and Employee Retention
10:03 - Treating Employees as Valued Assets
11:32 - Proactive Approach to Reduce Turnover
12:24 - Importance of Consistent Message
16:37 - Addressing Cultural Differences
17:57 - Promoting Cultural Awareness
18:57 - Encourage Open Communication
22:24 - Promoting Cross-Cultural Collaboration
23:55 - Conclusion