Companies with steady cash flow from variable products in the market are offering a rich paycheck to lower talent that would have otherwise preferred working at big tech firms, including Microsoft and Meta. So, what does big tech's hiring freeze mean for small businesses and startups?
In this week's episode, Joey shares his views on the implications of big tech's hiring freeze for small businesses, both from a talent acquisition standpoint and as an opportunity to level up your IT infrastructure.
Joey also discusses the four types of feedback conversations you should have with your team. Unfortunately, the current standard performance review process fails to promote employee engagement or excitement.
So, is there a way to fix the process to improve employee satisfaction and keep employees aligned with their goals?
Tune in to find out!
- The best talent acquisition opportunity in 2022 (00:00)
- What big tech's hiring freeze means for small businesses (05:40)
- The implications of this phenomenon on tech freelancers (06:43)
- Four feedback conversations you should have with your team (11:30)
- How to improve your performance review process (12:07)
- The importance of scheduled meetings (16:04)
- What is a retro planning meeting? (19:07)
📰 Article in question:
Do you need HR consulting for YOUR small business? We got you covered!
👉 Learn more at: https://jumpstart-hr.com/
Do you have a question that you want us to tackle on the show?
📧 Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Java With Joey (Monthly Small Business CEO Mastermind) - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/mwka2AyB/checkout
👉 Join our Empowered People Leaders Community [FREE Access] - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/MwchLoyL/checkout
👉 Join our Student and Early Stage HR Pro community -
Host: Joey Price
This show is powered by Jumpstart:HR, LLC