From cursing in team meetings to quitting with short notice, we're witnessing a decline in proper workplace etiquette - and many believe remote work is to blame. So, is that the case? How did we go from shaking hands in meetings to cursing or not showing up?
Today, Jumpstart HR Consultant Brittleigh Cox joins Sommer to discuss why proper workplace etiquette is getting worse, why it's problematic, and what small business HR teams can do about it.
Brittleigh and Sommer also discuss temporary wage increases. When a team member leaves the company, a common strategy is to get the rest of the team to pick up those duties and give them a temporary raise until a new worker is hired. But is this the best approach?
Tune in to find out!
You'll also learn how to manage this scenario properly, the potential downsides and dangers, and alternatives to wage increases.
- Why our workplace etiquette is getting worse (00:00)
- What happened to our manners at work? (02:53)
- Is cursing at work acceptable? (04:43)
- Why people don't send 'thank you' notes anymore (05:59)
- How to manage team members being rude on Slack (10:40)
- Potential downsides of temporary wage increases (16:11)
- Are there better alternatives to temporary wage increases? (21:29)
📰 Article in question:
Do you need HR consulting for YOUR small business? We got you covered!
👉 Learn more at: https://jumpstart-hr.com/
Do you have a question that you want us to tackle on the show?
📧 Email us at: email@example.com
Java With Joey (Monthly Small Business CEO Mastermind) - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/mwka2AyB/checkout
👉 Join our Empowered People Leaders Community [FREE Access] - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/MwchLoyL/checkout
👉 Join our Student and Early Stage HR Pro community -
Hosts: Brittleigh Cox and Sommer Ketron
This show is powered by Jumpstart:HR, LLC